Saturday, May 26, 2007

Alive and Eating


Well, I made it through my 5-day juice fast... ALIVE! (Can you tell?) I made a veggie scramble for breakfast that tasted amazing. Probably because I hadn't eaten in 5 days, but still, it was good.

I didn't really see any obvious changes in my health/well-being. Just one major change. Before the juice fast, I didn't really care for raw veggie-juice much, and now, after the fast...

... I hate it.

That was really the biggest change :). (edit: Oh yeah, I lost 12 lbs too)


Day 1: Growling a lot, but otherwise normal (liked the juice)

Day 2: Extremely tired and hungry. Couldn't think well... I mean... worse than usual. (juice was ok)

Day 3: Tired, not hungry at all. A little more energy than day 2 (didn't like juice very much)

Day 4: Not hungry, 75% energy. Very irritable nerves. (didn't want any more juice)

Day 5: Getting hungry again, 80% energy. Complexion slightly bettered. (got sick thinking about juice)

Day 6 (post-fast): Ate eggs for breakfast, bounced back to normal. Protein = Good (doesn't like touching the juicer)


So there you have it. My juice-fast journal :). I'd much rather do a raw-food cleansing diet from now on... drinking vegetables and not eating is gross.

Now I'm going to make that killer veggie-scramble for the whole family tomorrow.


Also, part-2 of Firefox Browser Basics is officially online at Tech-Bites.com.

1 comment:

Jonathan DeCollbus said...

Hey Garrett, bravo. I have to hand it to you. Although, according to my philosophy on health...I would recommend going on a SEVEN day root-beer diet. ;) That's not as gross...well, maybe. :) Just kidding, congrats man. Keep it up.