Saturday, October 06, 2007

Oy Vay - Breakage

First reader to get me unbreakable strings that sound good gets a million bucks (when and if I ever get that).

I worked all week and was looking forward to recording my first couple archive music entries. I got my blog self-hosted and rigged up. Aaron let me borrow his condenser mic, which works with my TC Helicon voice thingy, and I went to Radioshack and bought a converter to get the audio to my PC.

Everything was set.

And my strings break. And I have no backups.

No backups!? I hear you exclaim... well I didn't think would need any for at least a few weeks. I just bought long-life Elixir strings that are supposed to have the life of 3 strings! 4 days later though.... TWOOOIIIINNNGGGGGG!!!!! And I didn't even play every day this week!

*sigh*

There's no where, to my knowledge, to buy strings here in Oakhurst, so I guess the music project is on hold for now :(. This is the third time this has happened with Elixir's, I just need to stop trying. D'addario is the only brand that lives more than two weeks on my guitar (I guess I play kind of hard, for at least 30-60 minutes a day, on average).

1 comment:

Megan said...

My poor boy!

ONE (glorious) day we should get the guitar examined to see what the problem might be that's leading to the excessive breakage of strings =\

I know how much you were looking forward to recording (something!) this week =(

Well, take care my beloved boy... looks like we'll be home later than expected.

Love you much!