Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I feel a change in the wind...

Well, it finally happened. I am through with my Windows PC (at least one of them). I've made up my mind not to put it off any longer. I'm getting a Mac.

Not only that, but I'm going to get a Mac of the same specs to prove that Apple products (at least computers) are NOT more expensive. My target, right now is the 17" iMac with 2gb of ram and an Intel Core Duo 2, for under $1,000. That's including the ever-so-sweet Apple display built into it. In fact, it's possible that I may be able to snag the 20" version in this price range. Whoohoo!


In all honesty, I'm not putting any blind faith in the Apple products. If I can 't be more productive on it, I'll be doing the eBay thing again quicker than you can say, "there he goes again!" But I've done my homework and I see no reason this would happen, especially with Parallels. (Yes that's Mac OSX RUNNING Windows Vista... sorry Gates, you're going to have to do better than that!)
I also plan in altering my blog... maybe drastically. Mainly because I don't have permalinks and that bugs me. But I may go with giving a standard Blogger template a complete overhaul so I can take advantage of the functionality. Also, with the Mac purchase, you can expect an increase in video posts :).

In other news, I'm making my first bit of income since my departure from my previous job as a web designer/master. Not a lot yet, but I am excited! My new business is almost ready to be launched as well, so stay tuned for that!

My Grandma's open heart surgery will occupy a good portion of my February, but I plan to be productive while I'm down there supporting her and the rest of my family.

We've implemented our new diet (a whole food diet designed to kill the fungus in our bodies) as well as a new bodyweight exercise regiment. I'll let you know how it goes...

I'm picking back up in the music department as well. My voice still stinks, but I am already hearing a difference thanks to the diet. It really took a hit this Holiday season thanks to the ridiculous amounts of sugared foods I consumed.

All in all, I feel like everything is moving forward right now... and that's a very good feeling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You won't regret it. Come visit Mac users forums for loads of free advice.

These are most of the big ones.

MacLife.com << -------
MacNN.com
MacRumors.com
Macosx.com

Garrett Valdivia said...

Thanks for the advice Oaken Table! I will definitely check those out.