Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas is now Underrated

Merry Christmas everyone!


And as my gift to myself, and you (if you appreciate it), is my first song in mp3! I don't think I will continue using this service, but I had to at least get ONE song online before the New Year. Can you imagine what people would say otherwise?

Enjoy. Let me know what you think about the song. I will try to do the next one multi-track so you can hear my voice better. (remember, this is just a one track demo... so don't expect too much!)
Underrated

Sometimes I think that this life is overrated
cause everything's the same
today it's all been rearranged but the same at the core
nothing really changed

I need something new to breathe
I need something new to breathe

Well, if that's the way it's got to be
then maybe the change should be in me
if there's a way to break monotony
it's walking away from what I used to be
over and over again
over and over again

I see that look in their eyes but what can I do
I'm just a link in the chain
I know that I should really care, it should break my heart
but I can't feel past my pain

Sometimes I think that this life is overrated
but maybe it's just me

Bless the Lord and enjoy your families tomorrow :).

3 comments:

Megan said...

That's my brother! Even if the sound isn't "professional" or clean, it's always fun to hear you sing ;D (did I just rhyme?! wow, I'm a poet and didn't even know it!). Keep it up! Next time we need to find a way to multi-track it and take off the reverb! >=(

Lots o' love & support,
your little sis

Max Parish said...

Garrett,

I like it. It is begging for a full band accompaniment. I'm game. :-)

-Max

Garrett Valdivia said...

Alright Max, I'm ready whenever you are...

... but get married first ;).

Thanks for the support!