Thursday, November 15, 2007

Falling in Love with Sandy


Oh Sandy, mother warned me never to take on a girl as my secretary, but now it's too late!

*ahem!

Sandy is a "personal assistant" that functions via email. You just send her an email with something you want to be reminded about, and when (if you want), and she'll shoot you an email at the appropriate time, fifteen minutes early.

It may sound simple, but it seems incredibly useful to me. Not only will she remind you, but if you CC a friend in the email, she'll introduce herself to them and send the reminder to them as well, so it also makes for a killer collaboration tool.

She can actually do a LOT more than reminders, but I'm still getting used to having a girl around my inbox, so I'll report back on the other functions another time. This makes for an extremely simple planning system that I am quite excited about, because anything bigger just starts to feel clumsy.

Oh, and I also set her up for Twitter and I can access her from my phone. Very nice!

Where have you been all my life, Sandy?!

No comments: